Zapier is a workflow integration platform that allows apps to speak with one another. You create Zaps to enable this functionality. For instance, a PDF file created with an order on PitchPrint can be sent to a CloudConvert Zap for further processing or emailed to your printer right away using Zapier.
PitchPrint Zap triggers two actions to wit:
- Order Status Complete - This is triggered when the status of an order changes from your store, for instance, when a customer completes an order.
- New File Upload - This action is triggered when your customer uploads a picture inside the PitchPrint app. You can utilize this to capture and store any uploaded photo into S3, Box, OneDrive, DropBox or even email it.
Order Status Complete:
This trigger is created when a customer places an order or when an order status has been changed on your cart framework and the following values are made available for use in other Zaps:
- orderId - Unique order ID from your store.
- product - Product title
- billingPhone - Customer's billing phone number
- billingEmail - Customer's billing email address
- projectId - Unique PitchPrint's project ID
- previews - Path to the preview image
- file - Path to the PDF File
- qty - Quantity of the item
- customerId - Customer's ID
- shippingName - Shipping Name (optional)
- shippingAddress - Shipping Address (optional)
Saving Order PDF to OneDrive
In this example, we will create a Zap that will capture any order PDF file and save it from PitchPrint to OneDrive.
- To get started, the app is not approved yet so you need to use our invite link here: https://zapier.com/developer/invite/48131/92286586a558286bd8f206807e236296/
- You can either login if you have an existing account or sign up for a new one. Once you have logged in, you need to click the Accept Invite & Build a Zap button
- This takes you to a page with a button Create this Zap. Click it to continue and in the next page, pick the Order Status Complete trigger as shown:
- Save & Continue takes you to connect your PitchPrint account, where you get to provide your PitchPrint API and Secret keys (ensure there's no extra space in the secret key when you do copy paste):
- Next, you need to create or complete a test order in PitchPrint so that Zapier can grab a sample data to use.
- Back on Zapier, test the connection and ensure it is working and you can view sample data from your last order
- Once the trigger step is complete, you need to add an Action, which is any Zap that will consume the order data and use it to create an action, like save, email etc.
- Choose a trigger app. For this, let's use OneDrive and in the Action, select Upload File
- Save & Continue takes you to authenticate your OneDrive account.
- In the next step, select your OneDrive directory where you will like to save all the PDF Files into.
- Next, select the file by clicking the icon on the top-right of the box (red -outline in the image below)
- Click the Search box and pick the PDF File.
- Continue and Test your new Zap.
- Check your OneDrive directory, you should see the new PDF File saved there.
You can create as many Zaps as you like and try out the other trigger that saves every uploaded photo.